We have a fun program and team for beginners and all skill levels! The USASF has created 4 different Fundamental All-star Divisions for the 2020-2021 season. Below are details on each division. We are very excited about these changes and are confident they will allow every child to have a place to thrive and further their love of the sport.
The Four Divisions Are:
ALL STAR Elite ALL STAR Prep ALL STAR Novice ALL STAR Fundamentals
Every athlete that attends Spirit Xplosion Tryouts will be placed on a Novice, Prep or Elite team for the 2019-2020 season. Athletes interested in a Fundamental team do not need to tryout and will join online through our class program.
ALL STAR Elite
The highest performance level that All Star cheer has to offer! These are the traditional levels that have been a part of All Star cheer for years. Teams will attend State and National cheer competitions and compete against other teams in their respective divisions.
ALL STAR ELITE: WHAT YOU’VE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS
All Star Elite is ideal for athletes who:
- Are ready to transition from All Star Novice and/or All Star Prep to a high performance level
- Have strong cheer training and solid technical ability
ALL STAR Prep
All Star Prep offers multiple levels and is perfect for the beginner athletes ready to for an introduction to cheerleading, and those with less time to commit to the Elite Level program. Evaluations are only required for proper team placement. All level one prep athletes will be offered a team. The Prep division Introduces a competitive environment drives excellence in skill building. Teams will attend local competitions and one National cheer competition competing against other teams in their respective divisions.
ALL STAR PREP: RAISING THE STANDARD
All Star Prep is ideal for athletes who:
- Are beginners with no experience
- Are ready to transition from All Star Novice to a more competitive team atmosphere with limited tumbling
- Are coming to our program no cheer experience, or possibly from a rec or youth program, or transferring from another All Star program
- Are interested in a competitive team with less time and cost commitment than is required for All Star Elite
ALL STAR Novice
All Star Novice welcomes athletes moving up from Fundamentals, or with some past cheer experience. The program continues to build a love for All Star, while focusing on skill building and growth in a low-pressure, evaluation-only environment. Teams will attend cheer competitions and be evaluated on a rating system only and not scored against other teams.
ALL STAR NOVICE: TAKE THE NEXT STEP
All Star Novice is ideal for athletes who:
- Are beginners with no experience
- Are ready to transition from Fundamentals to team performances that are evaluated at events - Are coming to our program with at least some cheer experience, possibly from a rec or youth program
ALL STAR Fundamentals
All Star Fundamentals is the first stop for kids who are interested in All Star cheer. The focus is on welcoming new athletes to All Star and making sure they have fun, feel safe and make friends! Teams will have periodic performances in the gym. Gives kids a chance to try elements of competitive cheer without having to attend cheer competitions.
FUNDAMENTALS: A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY
Fundamentals is the first stop for kids who are interested in All Star cheer. Our main goal with the addition of this division is to:
- Establish a FUN, low-pressure, non-competitive, technique-centered progressional path for first-time cheer athletes to learn about All Star cheer and prepare to transition to competitive teams as they’re ready. Introduces All Star cheer so that kids fall in love with it for LIFE!